Many enjoy renting homes or apartments for vacation. These rentals are not regulated like hotels and motels. Practice home safety in rentals just like you do at home.
To ensure the safety of your family while at your vacation rental, be sure:
- Everyone knows the address of the rental.
- Everyone knows two ways out of every room and out of the rental if there is an emergency.
- There are working smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each sleeping area and every level of the rental.
- There are working carbon monoxide alarms on every level of the rental.
- You can open all doors and windows that lead outside.
- You choose an outside meeting place a safe distance from the rental.