Fire is FAST! There is little time to escape. It only takes minutes for your home to fill with thick, black smoke. Here are 7 steps to practicing your escape plan:
1. Draw a map of your home. Include all doors and windows.
2. Find 2 ways out of every room.
3. Make sure doors and windows are not blocked.
4. Choose an outside meeting place in front of your home.
5. Push the test button to sound the smoke alarm.
6. Practice your drill with everyone in the home.
7. Get outside to your meeting place.
Remember…every second counts! Plan 2 ways out!